It's been a while since our last update, but the Freethought Library project continues. Exciting news, too -- we're up to 72 books! A handful of these came from our awesome membership (thanks guys!), but we'd especially like to thank American Atheists for their generous contribution (I'm particularly excited about the many copies of the X-Rated Bible). Your support means the world to us!
Here's an updated timeline of our progress...
|Click here for a larger version.|
- Richard Dawkins' A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
- Richard Dawkins' Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder
- Richard Dawkins' The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution
- Richard Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker: Why the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe Without Design
- Frans de Waal's Primates and Philosophers: How Morality Evolved
- Bart D. Ehrman's The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings
- Timothy Freke's The Jesus Mysteries: Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?
- Richard Elliott Friedman's Who Wrote The Bible?
- Sam Harris' The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
- Christopher Hitchens' Letters to a Young Contrarian
- Christopher Hitchens' The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
- Christopher Hitchens' The Quotable Hitchens: From Alcohol to Zionism
- Robert G. Ingersoll's Some Mistakes of Moses
- Michael Martin's The Cambridge Companion to Atheism
- Michael Onfray's In Defence of Atheism (a.k.a. The Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism, and Islam)
- Bertrand Russell's Religion and Science
- Bertrand Russell's Why I Am Not a Christian and Other Essays on Religion and Related Subjects
- Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
- Victor J. Stenger's The New Atheism: Taking a Stand for Science and Reason
- Victor J. Stenger's The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning: Why The Universe Is Not Designed For Us
On behalf of ISSA, thanks again!