|Next week: TWO stacks! ...Or so I'm hoping.|
So, here's the updated wishlist. I threw in my own signed copy of Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel, and added a few more possibilities based upon your suggestions.
- Richard Carrier's Sense and Goodness Without God: A Defense of Metaphysical Naturalism
- Jerry A. Coyne's Why Evolution Is True
- Richard Dawkins' A Devil's Chaplain: Reflections on Hope, Lies, Science, and Love
- Richard Dawkins' Climbing Mount Improbable
Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion(We actually have two copies of this now... Nothing wrong with that!)
- Richard Dawkins' Unweaving the Rainbow: Science, Delusion and the Appetite for Wonder
- Richard Dawkins' The Ancestor's Tale: A Pilgrimage to the Dawn of Evolution
- Richard Dawkins' The Blind Watchmaker: Why the Evidence of Evolution Reveals a Universe Without Design
Richard Dawkins' The Greatest Show on Earth: The Evidence for Evolution
- Daniel Dennett's Breaking the Spell: Religion as a Natural Phenomenon
- Bart D. Ehrman's The New Testament: A Historical Introduction to the Early Christian Writings
- Bart D. Ehrman's Misquoting Jesus: The Story Behind Who Changed the Bible and Why
- Bart D. Ehrman's Jesus, Interrupted: Revealing the Hidden Contradictions in the Bible
- Timothy Freke's The Jesus Mysteries: Was the Original Jesus a Pagan God?
- Richard Elliott Friedman's Who Wrote The Bible?
- Sam Harris' The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason
- Sam Harris' Letter to a Christian Nation
- Sam Harris' The Moral Landscape: How Science Can Determine Human Values
Stephen Hawking's The Illustrated A Brief History of Time and the Universe in a Nutshell Bobby Henderson's The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster Ayaan Hirsi Ali's Infidel Christopher Hitchens' God is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything Christopher Hitchens' The Portable Atheist: Essential Readings for the Nonbeliever
- Christopher Hitchens' The Missionary Position: Mother Teresa in Theory and Practice
- Robert Ingersoll's Some Mistakes of Moses
- Michel Onfray's In Defence of Atheism (a.k.a. The Atheist Manifesto: The Case Against Christianity, Judaism, and Islam)
- Bertrand Russell's Religion and Science
- Bertrand Russell's Why I Am Not a Christian and Other Essays on Religion and Related Subjects
- Carl Sagan's The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark
- Michael Shermer's Why People Believe Weird Things: Pseudoscience, Superstition, and Other Confusions of Our Time
Victor J. Stenger's God: The Failed Hypothesis. How Science Shows That God Does Not Exist
- Victor J. Stenger's The New Atheism: Taking a Stand for Science and Reason
- Victor J. Stenger's The Fallacy of Fine-Tuning: Why The Universe Is Not Designed For Us
If you happen to have any extra copies of the above books lying around, please consider donating them! Media mail is quite inexpensive -- a small price to pay to expand young minds! Simply email IlliniSSA@illinois.edu to find out where to send your texts.
If you'd like to help us out but don't have any old books to give, please consider donating to our group via Paypal. Simply click the orange "donate" button in the upper right-hand corner, and make sure to specify that your donation is for the Freethought Library Fund!
And be sure to check back this week... ISSA's got a few other irons in the fire! :)
Yours in book-love,